Monday, July 18, 2011

Let’s Scratch One Off the Bucket List!

During the winter months, many New Englanders dream of July. They love the hot sunny days and may even enjoy the humidity. I, however, really dislike July. In fact, “dislike” minimizes my feelings. Today the humidity hung over the mountains like smoke in a biker bar. I couldn’t breathe. I wanted to come home and turn the air conditioning on to 60 degrees, crawl under the covers and pretend it was snowing.

You don’t hear me complain much in January. I usually only complain about July and the brown seasons – March and November. Other than that, I can live with what the weather has to offer. My favorite month, though, is October. Every part of it from the pumpkins to the leaves to the crisp clean air and the vivid blue skies speaks to my soul.

So today, while people were dealing with the heat and the humidity, I put in my vacation request for the first two weeks of October and started to think about what would be fun to do. I thought for a bit and asked myself what challenge is there on my bucket list that I can work on scratching off? Then I smiled. Yes, it is time. I can do this.

I am going to sign up to take a two day basic motorcycle riding course, get my license, and then rent a Can-Am Spyder for a day and drive around the White Mountains. Oh, yes, I am. I could use the money to go to a B&B in Quebec City or a weekend yoga retreat at Kripalu. But no. I don’t think so. It’s time. I have waited too long for this. It’s time for this girl to make that dream come true! Yeah, baby!! Just watch this video and try not to want to join me.

http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/home.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_content=Can-Am%20Spyder%20Roadster&utm_term=can%20am%20spyder&utm_campaign=SpyderRoadster2011


1 comment:

  1. Did I ever tell you I had a motorcycle for several years in my 20's? Still have my motorcycle license. I had to give it up when I had Adrienne -- hard to tote a baby around on a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete