Saturday, June 11, 2011

Soft Saturday Wakening

Soft rain woke me up this morning. I realized I wasn’t going to get in an early morning bike ride so I laid back and listened to the world wake up. Boo stretched out on my chest and purred, giving me “Kitty Reiki” to start my day. Blue jays, chickadees, and other birds I cannot name started a morning chorus with a quiet percussion of rain drops on the window. A rooster added his own refrain.

The world smells fresh and clean this morning and it appears that most of the heavy air of the almost 100 degree days of this past week has passed on. The sky is gray and threatening more rain.

I rose and meditated after starting lentils and quinoa for a salad I will finish later today. In a few minutes I will head out to a morning yoga class followed by errands and a much needed massage.

I don’t think that Saturday mornings get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment